The association is an interdisciplinary association of bona fide scientists who are concerned with homocysteine and hyperhomocysteinemia, relevant vitamins, associated biomarkers, genes and diseases in this context in a broad sense.
The purpose of the association is promoting research and information on homocysteine and diseases associated with homocysteine.
This objective is served by:
- Planning, promoting and conducting research related to homocysteine
- Evaluating newly published data that might have implications on the public health in the field of homocysteine
- Critical analysis of new results related to diagnosis, treatment or prevention
- Organizing annual or semi-annual meetings between national and international experts in the field of homocysteine
- Keeping in touch with scientists from various expertise
- Keeping members and non-members informed about related activities